Don't let this happen to you!
They wanted to burn some paper and ender up burning 1 acre of grass, the corner of their shed and several hundred square feet of woodland.
- Keep a lid or grating on your burn barrel
- Don't burn when windy
- Keep area around your barrel clear of combustible materials
- Never burn when it is windy!
- Keep the size of your fire small!
- Stay with your fire and have the tools ready to control it should it spread!
- Notify the Fire Dispatch Center ( 240-313-2910 ) that you will be burning!
You are responsible for any damages and costs if your fire get out of control.This includes damage to the forest.